Well, it looks like Harold Camping was wrong, all the faithful Christians were not raptured up to Heaven, instead all the devout Pagan bloggers have ascended to a higher plane. Yes, I’m typing this post from “heaven.” Why not? The Talking Heads were right, nothing ever happens up here.
Still, manipulating my keyboard from the celestial abode is taxing, so I’ll just do a quick roundup of some news links. Hopefully I’ll be reincarnated by tomorrow so I can resume my normal blogging duties.
- Tablet reviews “Tri-Faith America: How Catholics and Jews Held Postwar America to Its Protestant Promise” and looks at how a largely protestant America integrated Jews and Catholics into its national identity, noting that the next test for this status quo “will be the assimilation of new religious groups into the “Judeo-Christian” model.”
- Are witches the new vampires?
- William Lambert, accused of raping four girls (aged between 11-15) under the pretext of “initiation ceremonies” to pass on the next level of his “witch powers” has been convicted on five charges of rape, assault, and coercion.
- It looks like the American Family Association is backing off from its theological criticisms of the New Apostolic Reformation.
- Phaedra Bonewits mulls the expostmodern question.
- Worshiping nature in the digital age.