Since it started in 2004, the Wild Hunt has become a vital news source for modern Pagans, and a crucial resource for those outside the Pagan movement who want to explore the issues that are important to us.
The Wild Hunt doesn’t simply alert you to the interesting (or infuriating) stories of the day, but adds analysis, context, and unique features.
- The Wild Hunt has interviewed movers-and-shakers within modern Paganism like Margot Adler, Starhawk, Mary K. Greer, Rachel Pollack, and Mike Nichols.
- The Wild Hunt provides special “Pagan’s-eye” coverage of historical events: the recent midterm elections, California’s Proposition 8, the UK Charity Commission‘s designation of religious charity status to The Druid Network, or the Park51 controversy in New York.
- The Wild Hunt tracks and provides Pagan reactions to major news stories, like the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the Nashville flood, and the earthquake that devastated Haiti.
- The Wild Hunt covers important events within our religious communities that never see mainstream media attention – a commitment that drives the ongoing “Pagan Community Notes” series launched this year.
The future is bright for The Wild Hunt, and for Pagan journalism as a whole! We’d like to invite you along, as we begin our second annual Wild Hunt Winter Pledge Drive. Our goals are three:
- To keep The Wild Hunt full-access (no subscription fees or “pay-walls”).
- To keep The Wild Hunt non-commercial (no ads or spam).
- To keep The Wild Hunt daily.
The Wild Hunt averages over 45,000 unique visitors per month, giving this daily news source a very respectable “circulation” in the world of niche journalism. Over 7,000 readers receive The Wild Hunt directly every day, via their Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, LiveJournal, or email.
If you are one of these avid followers of Pagan and religious-minority news, please consider contributing to the site during this year’s Winter Pledge Drive, in one of these categories:
- Basic – $5
- Reader – $20
- Supporter – $50
- Benefactor – $150
- Affiliate – Consider having your group or organization become a Wild Hunt underwriter, joining organizations like CUUPs, The Temple of Witchcraft, Solar Cross, Facing North, The Aquarian Tabernacle Church of Wicca, and the School of Sacred Ministries in supporting The Wild Hunt’s mission and goals. Please contact me for more details.
Click this button to contribute now:
If you’d prefer to make a recurring monthly donation through Paypal, you can do that in increments of $5 dollars per month or $10 dollars per month.
If you are unfamiliar with PayPal or have other questions, please contact me.
This year’s Pledge Drive will continue from November 15th through the 21st. Feel free to share this post on Facebook, Twitter, and your other favorite social sites! Thanks for being a part of The Wild Hunt.